Eaton Network Shutdown ModuleNetwork Shutdown Module (NSM) provides data integrity in case of an extended power failure. By installing NSM on UPS-protected servers, the software can gracefully shut down computer operating systems, preserving data.
NSM is now compatible with ESXi virtualization software from VMware. NSM manages extended power failures in a virtualized environment by sequentially shutting down the virtual machines before shutting down the host server.
NSM is Eaton's solution for servers to automate various functions. It:
- Continuously waits for information from the Management Proxy or Management Card connected to the Eaton Pulsar series UPS
- Warns administrators and users if AC power fails and proceeds with graceful system shutdown before the end of battery backup power is reached
- Simple installation
- No limiting installation pre-requisites (like IIS or JVM)
- Silent installation possibility for application roll-out
- Simple use through intuitive Web interface
- Improved graphical look and feel
- Graphical, easy and assisted electrical configuration layout
- High security level installed by default (two-level password, http and https)
- Remote and multi-OS access through Web browser
- Menu in the left frame to access the functions
- Additional Features
- Compatibility with the major power redundancy modes (this means Eaton has currently the only system able to intelligently and dynamically handle system shutdown of servers protected by N UPS, including load transfer from one UPS to another, impact on backup time estimation, etc., without requesting additional hardware or proxy software)
- NSM v3 manages the following electrical configurations:
- Several UPSs in parallel
- Two UPSs in hot standby (sequential redundancy) Note: For the UPS model that is close to the load, you have to disable Communication Shutoff Orders so that the UPS transfers to bypass and does not accept Network Management Card off commands
- Two UPSs in serial redundancy
- Two redundant UPSs through Static Transfer Switch
- UPSs powering a server with multiple power supplies
- Computers hosting NSM can be supervised and managed through Intelligent Power Manager
- Orderly shutdown on UPS controlled outlets
- Automatic language detection (9 languages including Chinese) according to Web browser language
- Automatic software updates from Eaton Power Quality Web site
- Advanced software deployment feature (repackaging, silent installation)
- Advanced Management through Intelligent Power Manager (Mass Configuration, Mass Update, …)
- Compatibility with IBM Blade Center (step-by-step deployment guide available on the Web)
NSM is available for free.
Download the latest version.